AGM – 17 DECEMBER 2020 – 6:15PM
All members are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting at the clubrooms.
Find below the President’s Report for the AGM and the previous AGM minutes to be approved. Most important is the committee is proposing a change to the Club Constitution. Members will be asked to approve the changes at the AGM.
You can find the link to the current Constitution and the draft Constitution below.
The substantive changes are summarised below –
- Change of name to replace ‘soccer’ with ‘football’ to align with the peak bodies i.e. (FSA) Football South Australia, we understand that the AHJSA will also be adopting a change to replace ‘soccer’ with ‘football’.
- Membership categories to encourage more membership of the Club.
- Finance changes to align with the way the bank accounts operate.
- Finance changes to make sure Membership and Registration fees are set and due before the season start.
- Finance changes for audited accounts to be carried out by an accountant rather than an auditor.
- Include a register of members and modernise to use email rather than letters to advice members.
100 YEARS OF FOOTBALL IN THE LOWER MURRAY
By David Trenam
RRP – $50
An excellent read containing over 400 pages of the game’s history in the area including content on current and former SAASL Clubs including Murray Bridge United, City, Mannum, Mobilong and other Football Clubs as well as information on International Touring teams to play in the Lower Murray and more.
You can order your copy via the Club Facebook page or contact David via email firstname.lastname@example.org
David is donating all book proceeds to Murray Bridge United which is a sensational effort just like this book which took David 4 years to compile. Thanks David for you continued efforts on behalf of the Club.
The Murray Bridge United is your local, family friendly club committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all ages to learn and play the beautiful game of soccer.
Currently having close to 200 junior and 50 senior players, the club is thriving and is always looking for new players, coaches and volunteers.
Being one of the oldest clubs in the Adelaide Hills Junior Soccer Association and the South Australian Amateur Soccer League, Murray Bridge United is a club steeped in tradition and a rich history.
A major part of the local Murray Bridge community, our aim is to provide an atmosphere where our players thrive, supporting them to develop into great soccer players and community citizens.
Age groups; (age as at 31st December 2020) / Training Times
Age Groups and training times to be advised
Seniors: 17 December 2020 – Casual kick around with light food will be provided and the bar is open.
Checkout FaceBook for updated training times.